Monday, May 28, 2007

Humans

I've always been discerning when it comes to forming friendships because I've got a pretty strong idea about what I like in people and what I dont. In general, I would ask for people to be genuine. Even if someone is totally different to me, I can appreciate their honesty. Secondly, they've got to be interested in something. Whether its music, riding bikes, baking cakes, fixing people, fighting, calligraphy, chatting about cool stuff, blowing things up - whatever, passion is attractive. Thirdly, the capacity for an open mind and general flexibility in their perspectives about the world.

When I've found these things in people I've tried very hard to hold onto them and hang out with them more. As a result, I can get quite attached. And when they move away, I get upset. I think I am feeling a bit disorientated since I finished my course, but the fact that my closest girlfriend has pretty much left (away from the city...like she's always said) has left me with a bit of a void!!

Cool girls are hard to find. I hope some come along soon....

(Listen to: Cinematic Orchestra 'Ma Fleur')

No comments:

Post a Comment