Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thoughts not Food

I've been quiet with this. The main reason being that I've been in a mostly introspective, and frankly quite negative frame of mind recently, and whatever I wrote on here would have been exactly that, negative, introspective and probably self-pitying. No! We'll have none of that. 

Spring is squeezing its way through the cold and dark and I certainly feel a bit more bouncy. 

Right, a note on music. I put on 'Stars of the Lid' while me and John were eating tea the other night. I said that, to me, the music sounded 'big' and when I listen to it I try and imagine things that are big, to fit the music - for example, mountains. So I think about travelling slowly across the biggest mountain range in the world, but, the mountains still aren't big enough. So, what is bigger than mountains? The sea.... so I imagine travelling through the darkest caverns of the sea....and still, it isn't big enough. So, nothing on the Earth is big enough for the music so I think about the expanse of Space. It fits space, but then I stop because space is too big to imagine. I ask John what he things and he looks puzzled at my explanation. He puts his hand on my arm as if to say 'You are 'gifted' aren't you'. I take up another forkful of tea, and it's gone cold. 

Anyway, listen to Stars of the Lid, they're cool.


The sea, just not big enough. Taken by Me in Northumberland. March 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment